Our 4th of July!

We were supposed to go to Washington for the 4th of July but this is when my back was severely injured and driving was one of the most painful things for me to do. Just a twenty minute trip to the store had me nearly in tears by the time I got home. That short time in the would have me laying on the couch with an ice pack when I got home. I couldn’t imagine how I’d survive a 6 hour drive to Washington and another 6 hour drive home!
So I told my mom we weren’t coming and not long after she called me and asked if she and Milo could come to our house. I said yeah! That’d work so much better! Me and the family tidied up Sierra and Ember’s room where they’d be staying, washed the linens and stuff, and waited around excitedly to see grandma and papa Milo!

They got here the night before Independence Day and we hung out and I didn’t take pictures… I pulled my camera out for the first time the next day when we went to Coeur d’Alene to see the parade.

You can tell from the pictures, it was hot that day! We went without enough supplies. We should’ve brought sunscreen, hats, more water, and maybe an umbrella or something. haha! It was bright, it was warm, but it was fun!

Because we’d planned on spending three days in Washington we had no food for the weekend! We stopped at Wal-Mart before going home and ate lunch at Subway and bought a bunch of food for that evening!

Once home Payson played Zelda.

And Milo started on a fruit salad while Ember watched 🙂

Me, my mom, and the girls all started a game of My Little Pony Monopoly.

I went in the kitchen to help Milo a bit and Everett fell asleep in his high chair! He’s never done that and hasn’t done it since!

The girls were so cute playing Monopoly with grandma! (I stopped playing about this time)

I asked the girls to smile for a picture and Ember stopped was she was doing and flashed me this:

And I laughed my butt off. And then took a couple more pictures 🙂

Sierra had lost her tooth the night before!

Allan helped Payson play Zelda. They had a lot of fun together.

And then once it got dark and very late we headed back to Coeur d’Alene to see the fireworks! They set them off at 10pm over the lake!

I didn’t take a lot of pictures of the fireworks because I was just really enjoying watching them. This is the best fireworks I’ve had in years! It was awesome!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.