To the Dermatologist about those Spots!

 photo 005eresized_zpsddcda8c6.jpg

Everett’s spots don’t get better. The spots on their own don’t seem to bother him in the slightest and don’t worry me (or his doctors so far) except that Everett’s syndactyly surgery is fast approaching and after calling and talking to Everett’s surgeon’s assistant I’m told that if the rash isn’t gone or there isn’t a solid diagnosis to exactly what it is, they won’t operate.

I don’t mind this… I don’t want my son operated on if his health is at all compromised.
We head off to the dermatologist. I have little hope for any additional information but know we must go anyway.  photo 054efinalresized_zpsa2ea5c02.jpg

Everett gets hungry in the waiting room.  photo 059eresized_zps491cc93d.jpg photo 060eresized_zps12304edd.jpg photo 061eresized_zpse5b00463.jpg

We’re not too unhappy waiting 😉  photo 064eresized_zpsb1200f63.jpg photo 067eresized_zpsc63084bc.jpg photo 070eresized_zps7370f034.jpg

We’re finally called back!  photo 074eresized_zps92c3166f.jpg photo 075eresized_zps47c0b05a.jpg

So the dermatologist doesn’t give us a ton of information. She says she doesn’t think his spots are from the amoxicillin and she does think they’re from that virus he caught and that certain types of rashes from viruses can last up to 6 weeks. So she asks to see Everett back in 4 weeks and says to cancel his surgery until the spots go away.
So we cancel Everett’s surgery (later that day) and reschedule it for a month later, on July 14th, and then it’s back to wait and see.  photo 081eresized_zps4da1897a.jpg

Oh yeah and we get Costco food before heading home 🙂  photo 084eresized_zpsfd361a06.jpg

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.