I don’t even know when these pictures were taken. Though I did scrapbook them back when they were new! Yay me for that, I guess.
One night Allan and I smelled gas. We wondered what it was and searched our house trying to sniff it out. Allan turned on the gas fireplace to test it out (unbeknownst to me) and then went to put the older kids to bed. Ember and I were in the living room. I was working on something at our big counter and Ember was coloring at her kids’ table. Then she started screaming. I turned around to pick her up and ask what was wrong and she was holding her hand up. She’d touched the fireplace glass and her fingertips were all burned.
We were up very late that night with Ember taking care of her burned hand. I felt so bad for her. Luckily we have this one ice pack that doesn’t get freezing cold when it’s frozen, just chilled… it’s perfect for burns because you can hold it to your burn and not get icy cold and uncomfortable, just chill relief. I sat with Ember, holding her hand with the ice pack and watching Face Off. She loves Face Off. It was really late by this time and she wasn’t showing any signs of being okay. Every time I’d take the ice pack off she’d scream! Finally she was crying for bandaids so I put a bandaid on each finger and breastfed her to sleep. I could tell even as she slept in my lap that she was in pain. She kept grimacing and her fingers would twitch. It was so so sad.
Ember had been putting the keys into the ignition and she got one stuck because it was the wrong key. She pulled the keychain hard to get it free and it broke one of the chains and some of my keys went flying all over the car. She felt bad over that. Poor girl.