Making Ember’s fairy outfit has been a bit of a challenge. I couldn’t figure out exactly what I wanted to do and when I finally got an idea and drew it out I had a hard time making what I wanted without a pattern. I finished it up one day a couple weeks ago and wasn’t happy with it. I thought I was going to rework the parts I hated but in the end I ditched the entire project and made a completely different dress. Which I’ll share here just as soon as I find another twenty minute block of time to blog! ha
I wish it had looked better because little Ember thought it was just about the best thing ever!! She loves dress up and pranced around for half the day it in! I couldn’t get her to let me take it off 🙂
See that top part of the shirt? I wish I hadn’t used that shirt at all, that I’d just sewn a full dress from scratch and then added the details to that. I actually might, I have plenty of fabric left over.
At this point I was feeling bummmmmmed out but didn’t want to start over! I decided to take her outside for a few photos to try to see from a different perspective if I could easily fix the outfit.
She’s a cutie pie but, I couldn’t get over the many mistakes in the dress. So… I started from scratch on a completely different dress! Different color scheme, different material, different style! I’ll post those as soon as I get to them in my “to blog” folder. I have a few other posts to finish up (just because they happened first chronologically) and then I’ll post the new fairy outfit. There is a photo of it on my facebook page if you want to see. (Facebook link is on the right side of my blog, near the top)