On the Mend

Well, I’m back to normal mommy duties around here. I’m still not feeling well but I can speak again and the dizziness is gone so, mom is back in business! There is no rest for the weary when you’re mom. haha!

Payson and Ember were in such good moods today. They love having mom up and moving and working. They whine for my time (which I give freely) but just the sight of me doing dishes, organizing, cooking with my eyes fully open (as opposed to barely cracked open like earlier this week! haha) makes them feel safe and secure and taken care of. I can tell. I don’t blame them for not liking mom to be sick, but it is hard to not get to just rest or especially not get to sleep when I really need it. I probably could’ve kicked all this crud days ago if I’d been given the chance to sleep just one night for 8 hours straight. The last time I slept 8 hours straight was probably 2 1/2 years ago!

Oh but what am I complaining about? There are far worst things. I’m being silly to go on and on about not sleeping. Most moms don’t sleep. What a boring subject!

I spent quite some time organizing my house today. I needed my house super clean after not being super clean for most of the week. I can’t bear to live in a messy house. It gnaws at my sanity. So, I organized and then scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I have what feels like an endless amount of work left to do but I feel better already! Well, better about my house. If I could just not have a sore throat I’d feel completely happy. This is the longest I’ve ever had a sore throat in my life. It’s been over a week! Is that normal??! If I don’t take tylenol I can’t swallow or speak because of the pain. Weird. I’m holding out on the doctor, though. I’ll give it until Monday before I go in!

And because I can’t seem to stop talking about being sick and cleaning and sleep and boring things I’ll just stop myself right here and post some pictures.
I taught Payson how to do a crab walk. Photobucket

We played in a mini blanket fort in the family room. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This kept them busy for so long. Their favorite part was when I was sitting in the fort alone and they’d walk around it and I’d occasionally snarl or growl and shoot my hand out fast to grab at their ankles. Most of the time I’d miss (on purpose) and they’d squeal and laugh until they were breathless. And of course from time to time I’d catch one of them and pull them into my lair. I’d pretend to gobble them up (their necks and bellies mostly) and they’d laugh and eventually they’d manage (I’d let them, hee) to get away. It was the best time 🙂 PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The outside view of the fort. It was simply two blankets hung over our vaccuum and a chair! PhotobucketPhotobucket

And then they hid in the cupboards while I cooked lunch. Every few minutes I’d open a door quicky and say, “Boo!” or “Rawr!” and they’d laugh and laugh. PhotobucketPhotobucket

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.