I asked the foot doctor..

We spent 5 hours and 45 minutes doing the doctor thing yesterday. 3 hours of those were spent in the car. Payson was really good at letting me know he really hated that. My ears will never be the same.

I got to the doctor 15 minutes early. I felt really happy about that because it was downtown and I’ve never driven downtown Phoenix and I navigated the one ways and the no turn zones like a pro. 3 years ago I would’ve collapsed into a ball and wept upon finding out I had to drive downtown alone. I used to be afraid of getting lost. Weird. Now I am never afraid of getting lost. It seems really silly that I ever was afraid. lol

I was called up to the check-in desk after a while and the receptionist informed me that my appointment was actually 2 hours later. I called her on that. I made the appointment for early in the day to avoid rush hour so I know for a fact she was wrong. I ALSO had got a call the day before from them with the time.
While she fiddled on the computer and then went to talk to the doctor I checked my voicemail and sure enough- I had the right time.

They couldn’t squeeze me in so I had to wait. Instead of staying in the tiny waiting room, I took the kids out to eat at McDonald’s.

Payson tried a french fry for the first time. I didn’t have an extra two hours worth of food for him. He eats a lot. So- to keep him munching I let him snack on fries. What kind of mother have I become?

They were telling each other secrets and cracking each other up. It was really cute.

We finished lunch up in 45 minutes and headed back to the office. I let the kids play on the bottom floor of the building for an hour.

After I was thoroughly bored of sitting there we headed back up to the waiting room. It was another 15 minutes there. The kids kept themselves busy, though.

Back in the waiting room Brooklyn took Payson on some laps around the chairs. The room was empty so I didn’t mind.

Sierra did so good during her appointment. She tried her hardest to follow instructions perfectly. She’s such a good kid. It was really fun for me to have the whole day devoted to her. Even though it was to see if something was wrong with her feet, I could tell she loved the attention- she’s the typical middle child- neglected. I need to spend some extra special time with my little Sierra.

The official diagnosis on her paperwork: toe walking.
Cracks me up.
She is totally fine, by the way. The doctor said she’d grow out of it and not to worry about it.

A nurse watched Brooklyn and Payson while I went with Sierra to the x-ray room. The nurse let Brooklyn color.
And then we got to go home! Yay.

6 thoughts on “I asked the foot doctor..

  • I'm glad all is well and now you can just enjoy the cuteness of it without having to worry! And I also wanted to add that I am happy to see someone else who still has their 5 year old in a 5pt harness. I've been getting grief about the fact that I was adamant about fitting 3 carseats in my Honda Civic, instead of just moving Natalie to a booster.

  • My niece toe walked for a couple of years too. She is 8 and outgrew it a while back. Glad you are finally able to relax over it. And I must say that I am amazed that you can get all 3 carseats on the same row. I can't even fit my 3 in our minivan on the same row.

  • This day makes me tired, I can remember how busy it was to have everyone at once too. They look so utterly blissful. No drama, just sweet, smiling faces!

    Jeena is lucky to see you soon, whaaa. But, my time is coming!

    Hugs and Kisses, Mommeeee

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.